Sunday 24 April 2011

Elf ranger: done! Human Mage WIP

more progress! Bless this clear weather!


the elf ranger, the photo doesn't pic it up so well but I'm really pleased with the rosy red cheeks the elf and the paladin have (and the Mage will have), it's really simple, just a couple of GW Baal red glazes when the skin is finished


side view, the veil is GW hawk turqoise highlighted with many layers of Vallejo silvergrey. Overall, I really like her. Especially proud of the hair.



couple of shots of the Mage WIP. I did her robes purple, then decided she needed yellow moon and star patterns on the robes. They failed, I had to start again! On looking at this picture it's clear I need to redifine her pupil!

I've deliberately left the dwarf till last as I really don't know how I want to paint him (other than with a mighty Ginger beard!)

1 comment:

  1. I love what you've done with the models. I am a huge fan of this blog, I am glad I found another SDE enthusiast such as yourself.

    But I am gonna toss in my two cents on the model. I feel like the eyes have a blank stare to them. Almost like they have a concussion or something along those lines.

    Don't get me wrong you're a TALENTED painter and hobbiest, I envy some of your skills. But I think maybe you should try having the Elf Ranger's eyes appear as if she's looking down the bow? Something where she doesn't look so expressionless and fake.

    Keep up the GREAT work, I look forward to seeing more of your progress.

    ReplyDelete