Tuesday 15 February 2011

Building a dungeon...

So, i've ordered my supplies to start making the board, while I wait for the deliveries I've planned out how I'm going to make it. Below is a rough sketch of the board layout for the demo rules, however I won't always want to play this dungeon, so it'll need to be modular. Also, i want to be able to store and transport it easily, so it can't be too unweildy.


I've decided to make a 20x20 square flat board on four pieces. Ontop of this, a modular set of Walls and doors will divide the rooms up.

I'm going to be using hirst arts molds, which I've enjoyed using before. If you've never seen them, they make rubber molds to cast building blocks for great terrain. When you get the hang of it, you can cast high quality, durable pieces that look great when they're painted. Check their website out

Www.hirtsarts.com

I've ordered myself some dental plaster, some high strength glue and some neodymium magnets, more when they arrive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment