Tuesday 15 February 2011

Made some test pieces...

I found a bag full of miscast and spare hirst arts pieces from a previous profect, so I made some test pieces. Ideally I'll have better, more accurately cast pieces for the real thing, but these were good to see if I've got the dimensions right

first is a straight wall piece, 4 squares long. I'm using 1.5" squares for two reasons. First, I already have the mold, and second, I want to base my SDE models on 30mm round lip bases, which would be too large for 1" squares


Next, a doorway. The doorway itself is two squares wide, this should arch over that. As I built it, I was wondering if I could make a closed or gated door, for instance if a future SDE map featured closed doors. I think balsa wood would be my best bet. I could just switch the closed doorway out for an open one when the heroes get it open!


lastly, here are the two together. The pieces should all fit comfortably together to complete the dungeon....hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment