Saturday 12 March 2011

The almost done-geon...

Spurred on by being ahead of my painting schedule, and having made dice, obtained counters and gotten generally excited about SDE, I stayed up late and made the rest of the wall pieces for the dungeon


me being the "make it up as you go along" kinda guy I am, I changed bits of my design again. Instead of making four, five and six square long Walls, I made them all in ones and twos. It makes them fit together less seamlessly, but they don't keep falling apart like the longer walls do, and they are a lot more modular.


I also made a decision on the doorways. The arches look great, but they're a pain to build, a pain to store, they keep breaking, and they get in the way of the models. So I made this super simple doorway. I'll eventually change them over as the arches break but I'll keep the sturdier ones for now


of course I couldn't resist setting the whole thing up to see how it looked. There's a lot of rough edges on the corkboard that needs shaving down, so it'll fit together a lot smoother when that's done. Overall I'm very pleased!


now I just gotta paint this lot. I don't really mind if the Walls are a little crooked, as it's just a model. It doesn't really have to keep out floodwater and the occasional tunneling dwarf.


the heroes are let loose! Where is their opposition? Somewhere over the Atlantic taking forever to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment